Saturday, March 15, 2014

Another lost cousin found

John "Racehorse" Johnson
I took a road trip to Eastern MT to speak at a couple of libraries and tour a few museums. On the way home on Thursday, I stopped at the Museum of the Beartooths in Columbus MT. The research I was conducting centered around Horace Countryman (father of the woman I portray in my program). The museum director, Penny, was showing me around and we were chatting about this and that. She mentioned that she was from Red Lodge. I mentioned that dad's relatives had come from there. She asked the surname. I said "Johnson". She says "Not Racehorse Johnson." I said "Racehorse is my gt. great grandfather" to which she replies "we're related". We'll be connecting again to exchange info. How great to find, not only the info I went for, but a new relative to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment