Friday, December 10, 2010

Nellisms

Grandma Nell (Johnstone) Borgreen

Here's a list of funny things Grandma Nell used to say. This is only the tip of the iceberg. I'll be adding to this list as I think of more.
Grandma Nell was an RN, so many of her isms make reference to body parts or functions. That's just the way she was. 

Someone left the gate open.
Said while waiting for a break in traffic

Should have shot him and raised a pig.
Said in reference to a worthless example of a human being.

Say you eat well.
Said behind the back of someone who would do well to
cut back a little bit.

Would you look at that
Said about anything that went against the grain

Uglier than a hatful of rectums.
Pretty self explanatory

Able to sit up and take nurishment
The usual response when asked "How are you doing today?"

I was going to vacuum, then I thought better of it.
We all have this feeling from time to time.

I'm going to the hair benders
going to the beauty parlor

I have to put my face on.
Said while getting ready to go out

Went to bed with my boyfriend, Morpheus.
Referring to the god of sleep.

Went to lunch with my cronies.
Her gal pals.

That old blister
If Grandma Nell didn't like you, you were a blister

That old plaster
Similar to an old blister

Don't eat that or you'll get the Molly grubs
tummy ache

Don't get your bowels in an uproar.
Don't get excited

Don’t get your water hot.
See above

Don't get your knickers in a twist.
See above again.
Would you look at the head on that!
Quit crying, you big calf!


Quit your crying or I'll give you something to cry about
I could be wearing that like a mink stole
 Pee or get off the pot
Basically, hurry up or get out of the way


That gives me the hump
The hump was never good. Refers to feeling grossed out.

That gives me the willies
Similar to the hump but more creepy

Old Lumpy Nose - (Pres Reagan)

Hamburger 'onion' only
Always from McDonald's and in a Happy Meal

No comments:

Post a Comment