Monday, March 14, 2011

Here Comes the Bride All Dressed in....Alice Blue Lace

March 14 - Newsmakers? Did you have a female ancestor who made the news? Why? Was she famous or notorious? Did she appear in the social column?


Ellen (Johnstone) Borgreen
29 Jun 1935


Here we have two separate news items pertaining to the marriage of Ellen Johnstone and Carl Borgreen. I love the detail the papers went to, to describe the wedding, the decor, the reception and every detail in-between.
I wish there was a wedding photo. I would love to see the dress and turban she wore with the little veil. But I'll be happy that we have this clipping that describes it so beautifully. It may be the best we ever have. 

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! I think it would have been wonderful to have a wedding photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been a very small town or one heck of a celebration for that much detail. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete