Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21...Tender moments

March 21 - Describe a tender moment one of your female ancestors shared with you or another family member.


I will never forget the times spent at Grandma Nell's house. We would have sleep overs and it was always so much fun. Grandma loved to have the kids come to visit in her tiny little yellow house. She had very little room, so she'd get creative. Snacks were kept in the dryer in the kitchen. We had free run of the place and could have whatever we wanted without asking. She always had little metal snack trays for us to use in front of the TV. They had little foldable legs and we'd sit on the floor, watching cartoons and snacking away. Then Grandma and I would snuggle on the couch and she'd pat my hand or my leg. We would sit like that for hours. 


Many years later when I had children of my own, we'd go visit and she'd sit with them the same way and pat their legs or hands. It was so sweet to see that tenderness passed on to the next generation. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely memories, thanks for sharing. I have awarded you One Lovely Blog Award, you can receive it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete