Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24....Is Your Mother Home?

March 24 - Do you share any physical resemblance or personality trait with one of your female ancestors? Who? What is it?


The one thing thing that has followed me around, since about the age of 12, is my mother's voice. I've always been told that I sound just like her and was always confused with her on the phone, as a teen. Fast forward to my adult years and now my girls are mistaken for me on the phone and I'm still asked, "Is your mother home?" when I answer the phone. I can barely tell my girls' voices apart on the phone and my poor son went through an awkward time, before his voice changed, where he was also mistaken for me or any of his four sisters when he answered a call. Fortunately for him, when he hit the age of 13, his voice promptly dropped an octave and saved his sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment